From Sarsei Wiki
- The Kao-Raish system located on the Rahmke-Tar Arm near the center of the Rahmta Reshem spiral galaxy which formed approximately 20 billion years ago. It is a binary star system which consists of a stable white star Kao, and its companion star Raish, a stable red star.
- The Kao-Raish system is a binary star system with two main-sequence stars, one of which orbits the other.
- Kao is a F-type main sequence star with a F1V Stellar classification, and is approximately 1.1 solar masses, and is approximately 1.2 solar radii. It is 2.2 billion years old.
- Raish is a M-type main sequence star with a M2V Stellar classification, and is approximately 0.4 solar masses, and is approximately 0.7 solar radii. It is 2.1 billion years old. Raish orbits Kao on an elliptical path with a 320 year period. When Raish approaches Kao during it's near phase of its elliptical path, many planets are shaken by a decade of increased seismic activity.
- The Kao-Raish system is a six planet system with two asteroid belts with two planets within its habitable zone.
- Parfih is the closest planet to Kao and is the smallest planet in the solar system. Parfih has almost no atmosphere and a relatively large iron core. It has no satellites.
- Karnim is the second planet from Kao and slightly larger than Earth. It has a small iron core with a thick outer crust and a toxic sulfur atmosphere. It has one small moon.
- Mutuk is the third planet from Kao and slightly smaller than Earth. It has an average-sized iron core with a thick outer crust and a habitable atmosphere. It has a large amount of water on its surface, making most of the planet swampy. It has one small moon. It is the first planet in the system's habitable zone. Though the planet is habitable, the only notable life is plant-life.
- Sarsei is the only planet on which there is notable amount life in the Kao-Raish system. Its only sentient inhabitants, The Sarseians suddenly came into existence a mere several hundred years ago. Sarsei rotates on a 12 hour period, with each hour being divided by 144 minutes, and each minute divided by 144 seconds making each day approximately 1.8 times longer than earth's day. It takes 576 days for Sarsei to orbit around Kao, making the year 4 months long. This is approximately 2.8 times longer than an earth year. Due to Kao and Raish's influence on the planet's seismic activity, the Sarseians have learned to build primarily where seismic activity is weak, however there are significant ruins along fault lines, making Sarsei an archaeologist's dream. Sarsei's diameter is 15,647km, and its circumference is 58,989km. Dotted along the landscape are many Artifacts of cultural significance to the Sarseians. The activity of the moons and sun churn the oceans such that polar ice caps rarely form, though in-land glaciers are frequently found along the frigid southern pole. The northern pole, on the other hand, being aligned with the sun for the majority of the year, is significantly warmer than the southern pole, but both north and south poles are habitable.
Vaylei and Hansha
- Sarsei has two moons which have predictable orbits and provide a near-constant source of light, a larger moon Vaylei and a smaller moon Hansha. Hansha takes 144 days to make a complete orbit, and has a 144 day rotational period. Vaylei's orbit takes 12 days, making weeks 12 days, and months 12 weeks. Vaylei rotates on a 12 day period. The larger moon Vaylei drives most of the tides and causes some seismic activity. It fills one sixth of Sarsei's night sky making eclipses both commonplace and mundane. Vaylei, however, is anything but mundane for as it passes through and influences Sarsei's magnetic fields, it generates spectacular auras. The smaller moon Hansha orbits at a greater distance, only rarely having any effect on Sarsei's tides or causing any seismic activity. When Vaylei and Hansha do not block the night sky, the Sarseians are able to see a dense swath of stars due to their position near the center of the spiral galaxy. Sarsei itself is tidally locked whenever Vaylei passes Kao and Sarsei's northern pole on a monthly basis, and wobbles between 15 and 20 degrees depending on where Vaylei and Raish are.
- Soboo is the fifth planet from Kao and is a gas giant several times Earth's diameter. It has nine moons.
Asteroid Belt Tahm
- The Tahm asteroid belt appears to consist of many asteroids and pieces of a previously obliterated planet. It has several moon-sized asteroids amidst its debris.
- Kumak is the sixth and final planet from Kao. It is also a gas giant many times Earth's diameter. It has 11 moons and an ice belt.
Asteroid Belt Kuf
- The Kuf asteroid belt is the final feature in the Kao-Raish system, and is a large scattered field of debris that surround most of the system and makes access into or out of the system very difficult. There are few larger pieces of debris, most of it is smaller than 50km and much of it consists of ice or ice surrounding chunks of rock.